- This event has passed.
BITC Cymru Networking Event: BITC in Swansea
Tue, 24 October @ 10:00 – 12:30
This is an in-person networking event.
Open to Business in the Community (BITC) members and non-members. Local cross-sector partners, small and medium size enterprises (SMEs) and local and national Government.
The aims and objectives of the event
BITC and its members in Wales are acutely aware of the challenges many communities in Swansea face. Struggling to cope with the impacts of the cost-of-living crisis and persistent inflation. At this event, key discussion topics will include business volunteering, community collaboration and inclusive recruitment.
This networking event, supported by Welsh Government and Business Wales, will:
- Celebrate connections between businesses, local authorities, and voluntary sector organisations that help people and communities across Swansea and surrounding areas.
- Showcase employment and skills opportunities for local people and profile responsible regional employers.
- Demonstrate how responsible business can play a crucial role in driving a fairer, greener future for Swansea.
- Share relevant resources from BITC’s cost-of-living campaign and other free-to-access employment and skills materials and programmes. Links to Welsh Government and Business Wales materials will be provided.
- Councillor Robert Francis-Davies, Cabinet Member for Investment, Regeneration and Tourism – Swansea Council
- Sol Pritchard , Director of Regeneration – POBL Group
- Amanda Carr, Director – Swansea Council for Voluntary Service (SCVS)
- Annelie Grey, Head of Planning and Performance – Principality Building Society
- Claire Roberts, Community Engagement Manager – Dwr Cymru Welsh Water
Light refreshments will be served at this event.
Booking, contact details and further information
- Contact Megan Gillett, Events Coordinator at BITC, for any further questions.
- Full joining instructions will be sent before the event.