- This event has passed.
Championing Responsible Business across Scotland
Thu, 02 November @ 09:30 – 15:30
Open to all Business in the Community (BITC) members. This event is tailored to the senior leads across our membership.
We will be bringing the membership in Scotland together for the first time to network and to re-energise the BITC community in Scotland and discuss how you can champion responsible business.
All our members do incredible activity within their organisations to improve social and environmental impact. This event will connect those senior leaders in Scotland to discuss how BITC members can create more impact together as a community.
About the event
This event will showcase responsible business practice and build the knowledge and the role of the responsible business community in Scotland through your leadership. On the day we will discuss issues facing responsible businesses such as:
- The need to deliver purpose-driven and responsible business strategies.
- Promoting social mobility by investing in your workforce and communities.
- Providing leadership to support Scotland’s transition to a net-zero future.
- Managing and supporting staff, customers, and communities through the cost-of-living crisis.
BITC Scotland Leadership Board members will facilitate the sessions and will include discussions on Race at Work, Inclusive Recruitment and Social Impact as well as strategic partnerships within the voluntary sector. We will share examples of the collective impact we have made together, highlighting success stories and achievements.
Additionally, we will explore avenues for further collaboration, allowing members to share best practices, exchange ideas, and forge new partnerships that drive responsible business practices.
Alongside the BITC Scotland Leadership Board, who will be leading, chairing and facilitating, we will also be joined by:
- Neil Gray MSP, Cabinet Secretary for Wellbeing Economy, Fair Work and Energy
- Lynn Houmdi, The Challenges Group
About Business in the Community
Business in the Community is the largest and longest-established movement dedicated to responsible business in the UK, formed in 1982 and with HM The King as our Royal Founding Patron. We convene the network of purposeful leaders committed to changing business, transforming lives and helping the planet and communities thrive.
Booking, contact details and further information
- Contact Florence Hughes, Events Manager at BITC, for any further questions.
- Full joining instructions will be sent before the event.