Job coaching: supporting jobseekers with business-led coaching
Business in the Community’s (BITC) job coaching programme aims to engage businesses across the UK to support jobseekers through a series of coaching sessions.
Our ambition is to help build an inclusive workforce by supporting people who face barriers to employment across the UK.
How does it work?
- Businesses join the programme by offering their employees a volunteering opportunity to become coaches.
- We fully train your employee volunteers as coaches, providing them with all the necessary tools and resources.
- Coaches are then matched with jobseekers to provide one-to-one support.
- Coaches and jobseekers meet virtually for six, 60-90 minute sessions, over four to six months.
- Coaches help improve the skills, confidence and employment opportunities for the jobseeker while also enhancing their own skills and wellbeing.
- We provide continued guidance and support throughout the programme.
Benefits to your business and your employees
By being part of this programme, not only will the jobseeker benefit from the support they receive but both your employees and business will benefit by:
- playing an integral role in building an inclusive workforce, supporting people who face barriers to employment
- boosting your employee engagement through offering important volunteering opportunities to help their local communities
- developing your employees’ skills, through training and being able to put their learning into practice
- accessing a diverse talent pool for your own vacancies
- having the opportunity to identify and break down any recruitment barriers that may exist, ensuring your organisation is inclusive to all jobseekers
- increasing the impact of your responsible business agenda and being able to demonstrate your social value commitment.
Interested in being part of a UK-wide mobilisation of businesses supporting those who are unemployed? Complete the short form below.
- If you are an organisation providing advice and guidance to job seekers who would benefit from job coaching. Please complete our contact form below to find out more about becoming a referral or delivery partner.
- If you are currently unemployed and receiving employment support
Register for job coaching through your DWP work coach or adviser, or through another support organisation, to find out more.
- If you are a business interested in providing coaching support for job seekers to prepare for work
Find out about our ambitious programme and how to play an important role in it, by becoming a member of Business in the Community
- If you a jobseeker looking for free support to help you return to work, please email BITC’s job coaching team.