BITC celebrates one year of job coaching by launching Digital Credentials for coaches
We are very excited to announce the launch of Business in the Community’s (BITC) new job coaching badge, one year after the initial launch of the programme. This exclusive digital credential has been developed with Credly thanks to programme sponsor City & Guilds and is available to all job coaches to help them share details of their involvement and support of the project.
BITC’s job coaching programme connects jobseekers with coaches from the UK’s leading businesses allowing individuals to work directly with employers to refine their application approach and access a unique network of engaged responsible business contacts. The programme aims to support jobseekers and make jobs more inclusive for all.
Job coaching was launched last year following a successful pilot in 2021 and our latest programme survey has revealed that 57% of participants have moved into education or employment with 87% reporting improved skills and wellbeing.
How job coaching benefits coaches
Job coaching can also improve the skills and wellbeing of coaches with our coach survey revealing the benefits experienced by coaches in our latest wave.
Our survey showed:
- 67% of coaches reported an increase in commitment to their company.
- 93% of coaches improved their coaching skills working with jobseekers.
- 77% of coaches improved their problem-solving skills.
Joining BITC’s job coaching programme
If you are already a BITC member you can support the programme in the following ways:
- Support by referring jobseekers: BITC are looking to work with organisations who can refer participants to the programme.
- Support by helping BITC deliver the programme: Speak to the team at BITC to find out more about how your business can partner with us to deliver job coaching across the UK.