About Business in the Community
Who we are
Business in the Community (BITC) is the largest and longest established business-led membership organisation dedicated to responsible business. We were founded by HRH The Prince of Wales 40 years ago.
What we do
We work with our members to continually improve their responsible business practice, leveraging their collective impact for the benefit of communities.
Membership is not just a badge, it is a
public commitment to a better
way of doing business.
We want the UK to lead the world in responsible business.
We grow the responsible business movement and collectively create a greater impact focused on
- developing a skilled and inclusive workforce
- ensuring work is good for everyone
- innovating to sustain and regenerate the planet
- building thriving communities.
What we offer
- We provide expertise to measure and improve your impact in responsible business.
- We encourage you to be faster, braver and bolder in how you create sustainable change.
- We create a unique network of leaders who together want to solve problems, share insight and take action.
- We profile best practice to lead and inspire others.
What we ask
- Take action to be the most responsible business you can through a journey of measurable improvement.
- Embed responsible business at every level throughout your organisation.
- Grow the movement through your wider networks to enable change at pace and scale.
- Share your learning and take pride in your leadership, bringing others with you.
Why join Business in the Community?
- Work and learn with a unique community of more than 600 businesses to lead, influence and take action.
- Access expert advice, best practice, research and training, including Business in the Community’s (BITC) Responsible Business Map, principles and Responsible Business Tracker®.
- Take collective action with like minded organisations to improve all of the communities you work with.
Take action to be the most responsible business you can be