About Business in the Community
Who we are and what we do
Business in the Community (BITC) and our network of business members are leading a movement to create a fair and sustainable world in which to live and work.
Formed in 1982, and with HRH The Prince of Wales as our Royal Founding Patron, we are the largest and longest-established membership organisation dedicated to responsible business.
We work and campaign with more than 600 members to continually grow their responsible business practices, uniting our efforts for greater social and environmental impact in our communities.
We grow the responsible business movement and collectively create a greater impact focused on:
- developing a skilled and inclusive workforce
- ensuring work is good for everyone
- innovating to sustain and regenerate the planet
- building thriving communities.
Why join Business in the Community?
- CONNECT: Confidently drive action alongside over 600 business members and local community partners.
- GO FURTHER, FASTER: Stay ahead in a changing world with expert advice, best practice, research, training and our Responsible Business Tracker® tool.
- LEAD AND INFLUENCE: Inspire and engage colleagues, leaders, and the wider business community through BITC’s senior peer networks, partnerships, platforms and high-impact campaigns.
Membership is not just a badge, it is a
public commitment to a better
way of doing business.
What we ask
- Take action to be the most responsible business you can through a journey of measurable improvement.
- Embed responsible business at every level throughout the organisation.
- Grow the movement through your wider networks to enable change at pace and scale.
- Share your learning and take pride in your leadership, bringing others with you.
We want the UK to lead the world in responsible business.
Take action to be the most responsible business you can be