- This event has passed.
Aberdeen Responsible Business Network
Tue, 07 November @ 09:30 – 11:00
This is an in-person event.
Open to Business in the Community (BITC) members and non-members. This event has been designed to benefit businesses based or with a presence in Aberdeen.
The McGregor-Smith Review found that race equality could boost the UK economy by £24 billion every year.
Our BITC Race at Work Charter (RAW) recommends seven calls to action to help employers improve race equality, inclusion, and diversity in the workplace.
The RAW Charter is a strategic framework for employers to properly implement Race Inclusion.
The seven commitments of the Charter include:
- Appoint an Executive Sponsor for race
- Capture ethnicity data and publicise progress
- Commit at board level to zero tolerance or harassment and bullying
- Make clear that supporting equality in the workplace is the responsibility of all leaders and managers
- Take action that supports ethnic minority career progression
- Support race inclusion allies in the workplace
- Include Black, Asian, Mixed Race, and other ethnically diverse-led enterprise owners in supply chains
It has been three years since George Floyd was killed after being arrested in Minneapolis. In the same year, a woman in Cardiff was awarded £400k by an employment tribunal for having experienced race discrimination. Sadly, these are not unique cases.
About the event
To have a meaningful conversation about the importance of implementing a robust Diversity and Inclusion Strategy, we invite organisations to join us for this interactive session focused on the survey findings, what is going well, and what challenges lie ahead to implement all seven Race at Work Charter commitments.
Through this event, attendees will have the opportunity to;
- Learn about the highlights of the survey results
- Discuss ways to implement best a robust Diversity and Inclusion Strategy for business success.
- Sandra Kerr CBE, BITC Race Equality Director
Light refreshments will be served at the event.
Booking, contact details and further information
- For more information, please contact Megan Gillett, Events Coordinator at BITC.
- Full joining instructions will be sent before the event.