Business in the Community’s Annual Report 2021-2022
Read about Business in the Community’s (BITC) purpose and its impact, during a challenging 12 months in our 2021-2022 Annual Report.
Who we are and what we do
Business in the Community (BITC) and our network of business members are leading a movement to create a fair and sustainable world in which to live and work.
Formed in 1982, and with His Majesty King Charles III as our Royal Founding Patron, we are the largest and longest-established membership organisation dedicated to responsible business.
We work and campaign with more than 600 members to continually grow their responsible business practices, uniting our efforts for greater social and environmental impact in our communities.
We grow the responsible business movement and collectively create a greater impact focused on:
- developing a skilled and inclusive workforce
- ensuring ways of working that are good for everyone
- delivering a just transition to the climate crisis and regenerating the planet
- building thriving communities.
What we offer
We provide expertise to measure and improve your impact in responsible business.
- We encourage you to be faster, braver and bolder in how you create sustainable change.
- We create a unique network of leaders who together want to solve problems, share insight and take action.
- We profile best practice to lead and inspire others.
What we ask
- Take action to be the most responsible business you can through a journey of measurable improvement.
- Embed responsible business at every level throughout the organisation.
- Grow the movement through your wider networks to enable change at pace and scale.
- Share your learning and take pride in your leadership, bringing others with you.
- Work and learn with a unique community of over 600 businesses to lead, influence and take action.
- Access expert advice, best practice, research, training and BITC’s Responsible Business Map, principles and Responsible Business Tracker® .
- Take collective action with likeminded organisations to improve the communities you work with.
Make responsible business your business