Responsible Business Awards 2020
The Responsible Business Gala 2020
This prestigious event will be shorter than in the past and targeted at senior leaders. We will be giving more time for guests to network and, rather than a formal dinner, the event will be focused to an hour and a half, on either side of which drinks and canapés will be served at four unique and beautiful receptions in central London.
To add to the unique nature of the event, we are inviting an exceptional, inspirational speaker to join us and to present the winners of the Responsible Business Awards 2020. Alongside the winners’ announcements, we will also be sharing this year’s Responsible Business Tracker® results, providing an insight into how businesses are changing in response to the urgency of the United Nation’s Global Goals, also known as the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Applications for the Responsible Business Awards 2020 are now closed.
Good luck with your entries.
Visit the Wales Responsible Business Awards 2020 page for information about Business in the Community Cymru’s Awards that remain open for entry until Friday 13 March, 17:00.
The Business in the Community Responsible Business Awards
The Responsible Business Awards are Business in the Community’s (BITC) annual recognition celebration which celebrates businesses that are making a significant impact in eight responsible business areas, plus our flagship Responsible Business of the Year 2020 Award. Hundreds of influential and senior leaders celebrate the winners, making the Responsible Business Awards an exclusive networking opportunity.
Further details on the 2020 award categories
Responsible Business of the Year
The winner of the prestigious Responsible Business of the Year 2020 Award will be selected from companies who have signed up to Business in the Communities (BITC’s) Responsible Business Tracker®. The Tracker is open to members and non-members of BITC. A shortlist of these companies will be selected and asked to present to the BITC Board of Trustee Directors. The Responsible Business of the Year will be announced at our summer 2020 celebration event in London. To stay up to date with details of this event please join our Responsible Business Awards mailing list.
Age Friendly Employer Award
This award recognises businesses that are demonstrating a strong commitment to an aging workforce. Successful entrants will be able to evidence that their business is having an impact in one or more of the following areas:
- Responding to the opportunities and challenges involved in an ageing workforce.
- Creating workplaces where people of all ages can thrive.
Connected Places Award
This award recognises businesses that address long-term social, economic and environmental needs of communities that are important to them. These businesses work collaboratively with other organisations across the public, private and social sectors. Successful entrants will be able to demonstrate that their business is having an impact in the following areas:
- Increasing collaboration with multiple business partners that play an active part in the social, economic and/or environmental regeneration of local communities.
- Co-designing long-term responses to local challenges that have a lasting, positive impact.
Bupa Health and Wellbeing Award
This award recognises businesses that embed health and wellbeing into their culture, creating good work that enhances the wellbeing of everyone. Successful entrants will be able to evidence that their business is having an impact in one or more of the following criteria:
- Creating psychologically safe work environments where people can function to the best of their ability
- Positioning health and wellbeing as strategic boardroom issues
- Demonstrating leadership behaviours that enable an inclusive culture by embedding wellbeing into management accountability, operations, and tools
- Establishing accountability and transparency by publicly reporting on wellbeing performance (for example, in annual or sustainability reports or on your website).
Education Partnerships Award
This award recognises exceptional examples of business and/or education partnerships that address educational inequality. Successful entrants will be able to evidence that their business is having an impact in one or more of the following criteria:
- Working in partnership with schools and/or other partners to ensure that disadvantaged young people build the skills, confidence, and networks needed to thrive in future work
- Collaborating with education partners to guarantee that young people have the knowledge they need to succeed, with a focus on tackling the attainment gap for children from disadvantaged backgrounds.
Gender Equality Award
This winner is drawn from the entries to The Times Top 50 Employers for Women, which recognises businesses that enable women to reach their full potential in the workforce. Successful entrants will be able to evidence that their business is having an impact in one or more of the following criteria:
- Increasing representation of women at a senior level.
- Embedding an inclusive culture where women are empowered to succeed and perform to their potential.
Entry to The Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2020 has now closed. Join our mailing list to stay up to date with The Times Top 50 Employers for Women.
Race Equality Award
This award recognises businesses that have inclusive workplaces that reflect the rich diversity of talent in the UK. Successful entrants will be able to evidence that their business is having an impact in one or more of the following criteria:
- Increasing the number of black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) people in leadership and at an executive level, as well as the number of senior champions and executive sponsors for race at senior levels
- Improving the diverse representation of BAME people at management levels and the progression of BAME employees in the workplace
- Ensuring all recruitment processes are free from discrimination, racial bias and attract diverse talent.
Unipart Outstanding Employment Award
This award recognises businesses that are removing barriers to work and helping people to thrive in their professions and careers. Successful entrants will be able to evidence that their business is having an impact in one or more of the following criteria:
- Overcoming barriers to employment for multiple groups, for example ex-offenders, refugees, ex-military personnel, homeless people, and young disadvantaged people (at least two groups).
- Creating talent pipelines for people who face barriers to employment.
- Offering good jobs that are secure, pay fairly, and offer opportunities for development and progression.
UPS Environmental Leadership Award
This award recognises businesses that are innovating across their value chain to repair and sustain our planet. Both global and/or UK based programmes are welcomed. Successful entrants will be able to evidence that their business is having an impact in one or more of the following criteria:
- Redesigning products, services, and operations to increase resource productivity and eliminate waste
- Understanding natural resource dependencies and re-building the health of water, land, and biodiversity
- Taking action to radically cut carbon and increase the use of renewable energy.
The Responsible Business Awards and GDPR
All entries are processed in accordance with our privacy statement
Free to enter, the 2020 awards have been open to all private sector companies, firms, LLPs and partnerships of any size. Public sector businesses were able to apply if they are BITC members.
How the BITC Responsible Business Awards are aligned with the
BITC Responsible Business Tracker
The Responsible Business Awards 2020 are aligned with BITC’s Responsible Business Tracker®. Application has been through an online platform and entrants were asked core questions about their responsible business activities broadly, as well as specific questions about their chosen award category. Following an assessment of their online applications, those selected as finalists in their chosen category, will be invited to present to a panel of external experts in their field.