Cost-of-Living Action Plan Papers
The cost-of-living crisis is challenging people as never before. Building on the information, guidance and support available in our Cost-of-Living Action Plan for Businesses and informed by collating data from our network of more than 600 members, the following suite of briefing papers provide tangible actions for employers to take on supporting employees.
- Pay the Real Living Wage to employees and contractors.
- Ensure employees have the option to work flexibly.
- Target support towards your lower-income and vulnerable employees using workforce data and employee engagement.
Better Pay is the first of three briefing papers that provide insight into the action that can be taken to support employees.
Four key actions:
- Become a Living Wage Employer
- Talk openly about the gender pay gap
- Measure your ethnicity pay gap
- Support the mental health of your employees
Work that works
Providing work that works, the second in our series of three briefing papers identifies actions employers can take to support employees whilst allowing your organisations to respond effectively to fast-changing employee and business needs.
Two key actions
- Offer flexible hours
- Create work that balances wellbeing
Target support towards your lower-income and vulnerable employees using workforce data and employee engagement.
This paper, the third in the series focuses on how workforce data can inform the support required by vulnerable and lower-paid employees.
Four key actions
- Use your workforce data on pay to identify lower-paid workers.
- Develop your employees’ skills and help them move into better work
- Implement a mentoring programme
- Create partnerships that connect people from disadvantaged groups to your jobs
We are helping businesses respond