The Times Top 50 Employers for Gender Equality 2024
Applications for the 2024 listing have now closed – results will be announced in June.
The Times Top 50 Employers for Gender Equality is the UK’s most highly profiled and well-established listing of employers taking action to create workplaces where everyone, regardless of gender, can thrive.
The Times Top 50 Employers for Gender Equality is the most in-depth benchmark of organisational practice to improve workplace gender equality in the UK. Organisations that make the top 50 list prove themselves to be leaders in gender inclusion.
Women and minoritised genders are disproportionately affected in times of greater political and economic uncertainty, as gender inequalities deeply entrenched in working life have a greater impact. At a time when the UK continues to experience a cost of living crisis, women are paid less, are more likely to be employed in severely insecure work and have less access to highly paid, highly skilled roles due to the need of more women having to balance work and caring responsibilities. As such, the need for employer intervention to ensure greater gender equality and avoid a backslide in progress has never been greater.
Any employer with a UK presence and activity is eligible, and entries from all sectors and sizes of business are welcomed each year.
The Times Top 50 Employers for Gender Equality 2024 will be featured in a national supplement published in Summer 2024. You can read the 2023 digital supplement here.
Download The Times Top 50 Employers for Women Insights Report 2023 for a scorecard on how employers are doing in their efforts to create gender equal workplaces.
The final list will be announced in June 2024 and will feature in a national communications campaign, including a print and digital supplement. A celebratory event will be held.
Why organisations take part
- Boost reputation as a sought-after place to work
- Increase public profile
- Celebrate the impact of the organisations approach to gender equality on individuals, business, and society as a whole
- Demonstrate best practice in a variety of key issue areas that impact women and other minoritised genders
- Participants receive feedback on their application (whether they make the top 50 list or not) and will be presented with measures to improve their approach to championing gender equality at work
What do previous applicants say?
- 93% agree that it enhances their organisation’s profile.
- 86% agree that it pushes their organisation to do better.
- 79% agree that it helps identify strategy, drive engagement internally, and highlight best practice.
- 73% agree that it helps their organisation to attract talent.
Need some inspiration? Listen to our podcast
The Lens UK Responsible Business Podcast brings together a global business leader and an emerging future leader for an open and unscripted conversation. It will challenge the way you think about responsible business.
Last year’s awards
- Download The Times Top 50 Employers for Women Insights Report 2023 for a scorecard on how employers are doing in their efforts to create gender equal workplaces.
- You can read The Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2022 digital supplement On The Level here.
About Business in the Community’s (BITC) work on gender equality
The Times Top 50 for Gender Equality has been led by BITC for 14 years. Achieving a truly gender-balanced workforce means employers must recruit and progress the best talent irrespective of gender.
The commercial imperative for realising women’s potential in the workplace is clear: gender equality enhances employee engagement, boosts productivity, meets the diverse needs of customers and suppliers, and improves brand reputation.